+91 78 1292 3456

+91 80 4953 9138


Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)

Digital signature certificates (DSC) are the digital equivalent (that is electronic format) of physical or paper certificates. Examples of physical certificates are drivers' licenses, passports or membership cards.
Certificates serve as a proof of identity of an individual for a certain purpose; for example a driver's license identifies someone who can legally drive in a particular country. Likewise, a digital certificate can be presented electronically to prove your identity, to access information or services on the Internet or to sign certain documents digitally.
Like physical documents are signed manually, electronic documents, for example once you are filing the annual returns online, e-forms are required to be signed digitally with the help of Digital Signature Certificate. As per MCA21 project of ministry of company affairs all the company forms have to be filed electronically.
Class2, Class3, DGFT certificate Where to use a digital signature?
Class2: Used in MCA/ROC e-Filing, Income Tax e-Filing
Class3: Used for e-Procurement e-Tendering in IRCTC, ONGC etc.
DGFT Certificates: Used by Exporters/Importers on the DGFT website
A Licensed Certifying Authority (CA) issues the digital signature. Certifying Authority (CA) means a person who has been granted a license to issue a digital signature certificate under Section 24 of the Indian IT- Act 2000.
Any individual/organization can apply to the certifying authority for issue of a DSC in the prescribed form.
You can download the same from our Instructions Page.
Attested copy of Pan card, govt issued valid address proof(Passport, Driving Licence, Voter Id etc.) and duly filled application form.
Documents can be attested by any Gazzetted Officer Or Bank Manager.
One needs to apply for new certificate, if you have never owned a digital signature certificate. One needs to apply for renewal certificate, if you already own a digital signature certificate from any Certifying Authority. I already have an existing certificate from a different service provider. Can I apply for a renewal through www.umatic.in? Yes. You can renew the same certificate through us.
www.umatic.in issues digital signature certificates within 1-3 business days from the receipt of documents (hard copy of duly filled application form and attested supporting documents), on Monday to Saturday 10am - 6pm excluding holidays. Applications received after 6pm will be processed on the next working day.
Yes. Scanned copies can be used only for pre-verification of documents. We require Hard copies for issuance of the certificate as per new CCA guidelines.
Click the Digital Signature field in the e-form. The system will prompt you to sign the e-form through a digital signature that is stored on your System.
No. it is mandatory to have a valid digital signature certificate for e-filing the forms on MCA portal.
No. A DSC is unique to each individual. If a professional has obtained a DSC, he/ she can use the same DSC for e-filing of forms for multiple companies, provided he/ she has been authorized to do so by the respective companies.

Permanent Account Number (PAN)

Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a ten-digit alphanumeric identifier, issued by Income Tax Department. Each assessee (e.g. individual, firm, company etc.) is issued a unique PAN.
All existing assessees or taxpayers or persons who are required to file a return of income, even on behalf of others, must have a PAN. Any person, who intends to enter into economic or financial transactions where quoting PAN is mandatory, must also have a PAN.
Section 160 of IT Act, 1961 provides that a minor, lunatic, idiot, mentally retarded, deceased, wards of court and such other persons may be represented through a Representative Assessee.
In such cases,
in the application for PAN, details of the a minor
, lunatic, idiot, mentally retarded, deceased, wards of court, etc. should be provided.
Details of representative assessee have to be provided in item 14 of the application for PAN.
Yes, it is compulsory to quote PAN on return of income.
Permanent Account Number (PAN), as the name suggests, is a permanent number and does not change.
Changing the address though, may change the Assessing Officer. Such changes must, therefore, be intimated to ITD so that the PAN database of ITD can be updated. One can intimate change in address by filling up the form for Request for New PAN Card or/and Changes or Correction in PAN data. This form can be submitted at any TIN-FC or online at NSDL-TIN website.
No. Obtaining/possessing more than one PAN is against the law and may attract a penalty up to ?10,000. Therefore, it is advisable not to obtain/possess more than one PAN.
If you have more than one PAN, you should surrender the additional PAN(s) by logging into ITD website at Click Here. Alternatively, you may fill and submit PAN Change Request application form by mentioning the PAN which you wish to retain on the top of the form. All other PAN/s inadvertently allotted to you should be mentioned at item no. 11 of the form and the corresponding PAN card copy/ies should be submitted for cancellation along with the form.

Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number (TAN)

TAN or Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number is a 10 digit alpha numeric number required to be obtained by all persons who are responsible for deducting or collecting tax. It is compulsory to quote TAN in all TDS/TCS returns (including e-TDS/TCS return), TDS/TCS payment challans and TDS/TCS certificates.
The provisions of Section 203A of the Income-tax Act, 1961 require all persons who deduct or collect tax at source to apply for the allotment of TAN. The section also makes it mandatory to quote TAN in all TDS/TCS/Annual Information Returns, payment challans and certificates to be issued. If TAN is not quoted, TDS/TCS returns will not be accepted by TIN-Faciliation Centres (TIN-FCs) and challans for TDS/TCS payments will not be accepted by banks. Failure to apply for TAN or not quoting the same in the specified documents attracts a penalty of Rs. 10,000.
All those persons who are required to deduct/collect tax at source on behalf of Income Tax Department are required to apply for and obtain TAN.